Senior Windows Engineer, SM Platform at Cisco Meraki
For the past 10 years, Meraki has had a singular focus on making IT simple yet powerful. A key part of an IT team's toolbox is making networks intuitive to setup and manage. Essential to achieving this goal is simplifying the world of Mobile Device Management as our world becomes an increasingly mobile place. Our Systems Manager development team is dedicated to achieving this simplicity by streamlining the control of devices at an enterprise level. We work as a small and lean team and wear many hats.The Opportunity
Meraki’s engineering culture is one of innovation and ownership. You will have a strong hand in not just building the technology but also defining what we should be building. As a Senior Windows Engineer, you will work on building apps that facilitate management, inventory, and policy enforcement on both company and personally owned Windows devices. These apps have both user facing features and background services to talk to the Meraki cloud, so you will have the opportunity to work anywhere from high performance backend algorithms to reusable front-end components. Your work will run on millions of devices and you will have the ownership to impact customers who touch this tool on a global level.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.Example projects of a Senior Windows Engineer:
- Design, architect, and implement our next generation Windows agent
- Lead the direction and vision of the platform - you will use your expertise to make decisions on what tools and technologies we use.
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to craft solutions and workflows that will impact our customers
- Build monitoring features that integrate with other Meraki products
- Own features that span our entire technology stack: from the application running on desktop clients to the web interface on Dashboard.
- Mentor junior developers on best practices, common pitfalls, and good design patterns.
- You have 6+ years of experience writing professional production code
- You have experience with Windows systems programming and Windows UWP app development with C++/WinRT
- You have experience with C++/WinRT GUI development for UWP apps with the WinUI library.
- You have experience with Microsoft Store development
- You are familiar with automated build systems
- You flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- You have a hunger for knowledge and love the idea of learning new technologies, frameworks, and systems outside your area of expertise
- Experience with low-level threading primitives and concurrency topics
- Experience with networking protocols
- Experience with cryptography and X509 certificates based-authentication
- Experience with web development using a modern framework (ex: Ruby on Rails, Django, Node JS, React, Angular)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.