Sensor Systems Engineer - Sensor Modeling & Simulation at Zoox
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:28 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
The Zoox Sensor Systems Engineer should be a highly self-driven and organized individual, and is expected to work across the company in a cross-functional role. The goal is to ensure that our sensor suite satisfies high-level requirements and guarantees the safe operation of the vehicle. This candidate should have a strong grasp of radiometric models for sensors, as well as a good understanding of the algorithms ingesting sensor data. In particular, the Sensor Systems Engineer shall be able to evaluate sensor failures and their impact on perception.
- Work closely with Sensors Engineers to develop and validate sensor system-level models.
- Perform sensitivity studies to evaluate the impact of sensor data degradation on algorithm outputs.
- Work with HIL engineers to define error fault models and collaborate to HIL testing plans.
- Define and conduct experiments to understand sensor performance in the lab and in the field, perform data analysis and present results cross-functionally.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Physics or relevant field and 5+ years of experience, or
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics or relevant field and 2+ years of experience
- Advanced experience modeling sensor data products in Matlab or Python
- Advanced technical understanding of the physics and fundamental technologies used in camera, LiDAR, and radar systems
- Basic experience writing C++ code
- Basic understanding of artificial intelligence algorithms used to process sensor data
- Experience modeling Sensors for Autonomous Vehicles (Camera, LiDAR, Radar)
- Experience performing sensor HIL testing
- Experience developing safety-critical systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Read Full Job Description