Software Developer at Unity Technologies
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
We’re looking for a talented Software Developer to join Create Studio, our newest industrial product team, to help us create meaningful end-user applications that secretly bring all of Unity’s technologies to bear.
You and your desire to make the world a better place will be at the forefront of the real-time revolution, as we create exciting technological advancements in entertainment, film, retail, sales, and other industries – all made possible by our most widely used real-time 3D development platform.
- Collaborate in a small team to design, develop and deploy high quality applications
- Investigate, architect, plan and develop medium and large features individually or with team mates
- Develop rich and productive features that interact with data pipelines and servers or clouds
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively
- Work closely with the other developers, designers, artists, producers, program managers and QA to develop and polish features
- Use tools such as Visual Studio, Git, GDrive and JIRA
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and an understanding of how to write performant, memory efficient code
- Knowledge of common code architectural patterns and anti-patterns
- Good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code, building testable code with unit and integration tests, git flow, using CI/CD
- Professional development in Unity and C#
- Experience developing a network game or real time collaborative software
- Experience creating Film / Animation pipelines for production team's
- Experience visualizing CAD data
- Experience with one or more software APIs: Maya, Substance, Mari, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, Arnold, Renderman, F-Track and Shotgun, Blender
- Experience creating, lighting, or shading 3D scenes, props and characters
- Experience integrating web services and APIs
- Strong 3D math skills, including but not limited to: practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrix and matrix transformations, Euler angles and quaternions
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.