Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for smart, curious and analytical Software Engineers to join the Ads Engineering team. The Ads Engineering team is data-driven and moves extremely fast to solve interesting and unusually challenging problems across the stack. The ideal candidate has experience shipping high quality code and designing systems that work with large amounts of data to make huge impact. You will have opportunities to implement your own ideas and ship code on a daily basis to maximize the efficiency of Wish's billion dollar ads marketing budgets through rigorous design and analysis. Join our team and learn more about why Wish is one of the world's top 10 largest advertisers on Facebook and Google.
What you'll be doing:
- Write code that impacts how Wish spends millions of dollars everyday
- Be involved in Python development across the stack, whether it’s improving our bidding algorithms, ad recommendations, deployment and monitoring systems, or data pipelines
- Tightly integrate with APIs and build tools to bulk update, create, delete and pull data for hundreds of thousands of ads
- Explore huge data sets, write SQL and perform data analysis in order to validate and implement your own ideas
- Perform attribution, design A/B tests, and measure the effectiveness of the code you write
- Partner with Product Engineering and Operations teams to identify trends and opportunities and build solutions.
- Have the opportunity to work full stack with an emphasis on the projects that are interesting to you while still producing meaningful impact for the business and our KPIs
- Excited to learn and grow despite your many years of experience
- Smart, curious, rigorous and diligentBS in computer science or equivalent degrees with industry experience.
- Excellent software design skill with experience in Python, Go, and/or Java
- Experience in SQL or other query languages.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation system, search ranking, or data mining
- Passionate about working with large amounts of data and ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Experience with different big data frameworks, including Hadoop, Presto, MapReduce, and/or distributed systems.
- Ad tech experience is a plus
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.