Software Engineer, Backend (Agent Tooling) at Affirm
The Agent Tooling Engineering team is responsible for building customer self-service features as well as agent-facing platforms that integrate with nearly every system across Affirm. We are committed to using exciting new technologies and building powerful platforms. The goal of the team is to provide the best possible experience to customers while simultaneously reducing compliance risks and servicing costs. We invest in user experiences that educate and explain our product transparently and effectively, enabling our users to either self-serve or get direct help from our customer service agents.
We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to join our team as we continue to build a better customer experience predicated on honesty and trust. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and your work will directly impact the growth trajectory of the customer network.
What You'll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participates in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Proven CS fundamentals and fluency in a dynamically typed language
- Experience building service oriented applications with Python, Java/Kotlin, or other modern programming languages
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.