Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to receive products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments, always interest-free. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt!
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. In the U.S. more than 5 million customers use Afterpay and is offered by more than 15,000 of the top fashion and beauty retailers across the country - including Anthropologie, Forever 21, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay. Our U.S. headquarters are located at the heart of the retail and business district in San Francisco, California.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
We are looking for Backend Software Engineers of all levels to join our team and make an immediate impact on our Consumer facing products that are critical to the growth of our customer base and revenue.
• Working on some of the following products running on both the web and mobile platforms that are the keys for our new user acquisition, customer retention, and revenue growth: Afterpay Website, Shop Directory, and the Content Management system; Afterpay Loyalty program; Promo, Referral, CRM, SEO, and other Growth Marketing products
• Developing and maintaining several large-scale backend services built on modern tech stacks such as Kotlin, SpringBoot, Python, Cassandra, Elastic Search, AWS, Heroku, etc.
• Working closely with our cross-functional teams consisting of designers, product managers, and QA in an agile, fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Experience in building and maintaining Internet applications with a good understanding of large scale distributed systems
• Seriousness about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks
• Enthusiasm about solving business problems with technology and can take ownership of an end-to-end solution
• Passion for learning new technologies, frameworks, and services
• Execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional teams that are globally distributed
• Experienced in programming with Java/Kotlin and SpringBoot framework
• Strong architecture design experience/skills for Internet applications
• Experience with full-stack development of either web or mobile applications
• BA/MS/PhD degree in computer science or a related field preferred
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation packages
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (100% covered!)
• Fun virtual company events & collaborative team
• Supportive, laid-back environment
• Award winning culture
How to Apply
If you are brave, if you are committed to doing the right thing, if you always keep it real, and your background matches the description above then please apply today! Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Read Full Job Description