Software Engineer, Backend (Financial Products) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Savings team in Poland, evolving one of the first major expansions of Affirm’s product offerings. Come join this backend engineering team as we scale the product and build out the features that make our offering uniquely compelling for Affirm’s customers.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What you’ll do
- Design and build our Savings platform to grow a major product offering and enable additional use cases like rewards.
- Enhance and refactor core modules of the system to make it more extensible, robust and performant.
- Participate in technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality.
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture.
- Develop technical specifications and decompose the specification into tasks and phases.
- Continuously raise the bar in terms of code quality, performance, and systems design.
What we look for
- 2+ years proven experience as a software engineer.
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with Python, Flask, Swagger, Amazon Aurora (MySQL), Amazon S3, Amazon Fargate, Snowflake, Luigi, Airflow and/or Git a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ambition to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the capability to drive cross-functional requirements with product and engineering teams.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 13,667 - 16,175 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food, lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.