Software Engineer, Backend at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are seeking a Backend Software Engineer to build out financial products and features providing new levels of accessibility and flexibility to our users. Affirm is experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust.
What You’ll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participates in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 2+ years of software engineering experience shipping production quality code
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.