Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Here you will join a tightly knit collective of engineer scientists committed to solving long-term problems. Our focus is the systematic integration of perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control to build robotic manipulation systems.
As a software engineer focusing on camera & imaging at Vicarious, you will quickly come up to speed on recent advancements in state-of-the-art imaging hardware, sensor calibration, and image processing. You will apply this knowledge to improve the flexibility and performance of our imaging systems and integrate them into a wide variety of vision and robotics applications.
- Develop and improve scalable camera calibration and image capture pipelines
- Develop scalable RGB and RGBD camera hardware configurations for robotic applications
- Integrate camera hardware into our software stack
- Drive the sensing team direction and interact closely with other teams
- BS or Masters in Engineering or a related discipline
- Industry experience with RGB and RGBD camera hardware integration and calibration
- Proficiency in Python, MATLAB, and/or C/C++, and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of image processing and statistics
- Robotics experience is a big plus
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: OpenCV, PCL, image quality, machine learning, electronics, mechanical design
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description