Software Engineer, Caviar at DoorDash
DoorDash is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles.
The Effortless Delivery Experience team creates the products that enable meals to be delivered quickly and accurately. EDX is a high-ownership team that handles many mission-critical aspects of the business. Areas of the business that are under our charter include:
- Pairing almost-ready food to nearby idle couriers so that meals can be delivered while they’re hot. Magic!
- Building mobile apps that our Couriers use to do their jobs
- Enabling Couriers to get paid in real-time and to see their wages as they work
- Creating tools and workflows for fraud identification and remediation
We are a team with numerous interests both inside and outside of the workplace. We are creative writers, martial arts enthusiasts, parents, and lovers of science fiction. We value creating a diverse environment that respects your obligations and passions both inside and outside the workplace.About the Role
The Effortless Delivery Experience team is looking for a talented engineer to help us take our business to the next level. You’ll own the full software development lifecycle for the products you build, starting with providing feedback on features to our Product team. You’ll work with your peers on writing specs, implementing features, and finally ensuring the rollout is calm and the product has test coverage.
In your work as a server engineer on EDX, you might find yourself improving the delivery time of orders, building APIs for mobile features, or fighting fraud. You’ll be given autonomy to make decisions that are consequential for our technology and our business.
Since Caviar has recently joined forces with DoorDash, we have exciting plans for a unified logistics platform that powers both products. Making it all happen takes focus, passion, and thoughtfulness. We need someone who will bring both their ideals and their experiences to help us build this future together.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Collaborate and pair often with other engineers in your team
- Mentor and find mentorship from your peers
- Be a key contributor to our technical vision
- Improve performance, reliability and security of our backend systems
- Have a meaningful impact on an evolving product and a growing business
- You value collaboration
- You are able to thrive in an environment where things move fast
- You are growth-minded and eager to learn
- You are humble - no job is too small for you
- You have experience and proficiency in a server-side technology such as Ruby or Python
- You are an owner - not limited to the code you write but also the design, testing, monitoring performance and maintenance.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.