Software Engineer, Caviar at DoorDash
We provide great food from local restaurants to people dining at work. We have three products: catering, group ordering, and individual ordering. All of these products have a large impact on Caviar’s business:
- We send restaurants high-volume orders. Restaurants love these orders—making Caviar a more attractive partner for them.
- Our profitable products amount to a significant part of Caviar's revenue and profit.
We have some exciting opportunities ahead of us:
- Scale nationwide. We recently launched in New York and Los Angeles and are looking to expand the number of diners at work who can experience our service.
- New products and experiences. We have some exciting new ways we can serve our customers in the pipeline. We'll run experiments and build these out this year.
We’re hiring an engineer to join us in making our catering products the most delightful in the industry. You'll take ownership of the systems that are most important to our business. These are the systems that determine the perfect food to serve our diners at work.
This role is important. We need you to oversee systems—like our smart menu system—and improve them. Invent new and better approaches to help us achieve the best catering experience in the industry as we expand across the US.
You’ll join a team of 4 engineers, a product manager, and a designer, and report to a dedicated engineering manager.
Most of us work out of the San Francisco office (we have one remote team member). We’re flexible and accommodating with schedules and working from home.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
We believe that we'll succeed by always delivering and delighting our customers. So, we’re focused on our customers and measure ourselves by the value we provide for them.
On our team, you’ll learn:
- What it means to be customer-focused
- How to build and bring high-value features for customers in an agile way and at a sustainable pace.
- How to work closely with product, design and engineers to develop features from end-to-end.
You’ll walk away from your time on our team having made an impact to our business and experience for customers. You will have led large projects and worked collaboratively.We’re excited about you because…
- You are excited by the challenge of solving interesting technical problems such as operations, logistics and scheduling.
- Experience in Ruby and Rails framework or similar (i.e Python/Django).
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals, object-orientation and code organization.
- You have experience leading large complex projects and mentoring junior engineers.
- You have worked with microservices
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.