Software Engineer, Dev & Tools at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Developer Productivity engineering’s purpose is to make work better for every engineer at Affirm. This group is responsible for development tooling, pre-Production environments, and all of the other little things that make working in a complex technical environment easier and more efficient. Effectively serving a 500+ strong engineering group working across a wide array of technologies in a hypergrowth Fintech environment is a fascinating challenge.What You'll Do
- Build and integrate development processes and systems to improve the experience for the 500+ engineers at Affirm
- Create and evolve the local and remote development environments used by Affirm engineers
- Create and evolve the tooling used every day by Affirm engineers
- Be a critical part of Affirm’s Platform Engineering team, the backbone of Engineering at Affirm
What We Look For
- Experience in creating and improving fundamental engineering processes
- Enthusiasm about providing a great experience to other software engineers
- Proficiency developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with build, test, and deploy automation.
- Python/Kotlin development experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- You prefer integrating vendor systems or using, enhancing and chipping in to OpenSource solutions rather than building solutions from the ground up.
- You prefer automated processes over manual ones.
- Eagerness to learn new things
- Extensive industry experience is required.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.