Software Engineer, Experimentation
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash we’re building the most reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers! To evolve this network and the experiences built on top of it we need to measure and understand the effects of our changes. Experimentation Platform Engineers at DoorDash enable us to ship and measure new features with confidence and clarity.
Our team is looking for Experimentation Platform Engineers to work on infrastructure, libraries, automation, and processes to support world class experimentation and analysis at DoorDash.
Experimentation Platform at DoorDash is currently building libraries across our tech stack to facilitate consistent experimentation. We are also increasing our trust in our product data by enforcing a schema and reporting on the health of our pipeline. Future projects include: generalized tracking libraries across our tech stack, developing the next generation of our experimentation framework, building tools to manage our experiment ecosystem, and enabling experiments to target specific cohorts of users.
What You’ll Achieve
- Evolving DoorDash towards automated feature management - Push forward our tooling and systems towards a North Star of automating new feature release and analysis
- Building & Integrating Tools - Accelerate the launch and analysis of new features with tooling that makes experimentation easy to implement and understand
- Owning Your Work - You’ll be a founding member of the experimentation team and responsible for helping to form the experimentation platform roadmap.
- Data Governance - Build and support tooling to ensure the accuracy of our product data
- Influence the Organization - You’ll partner with engineers throughout the organization to help configure and plan successful experiments and tracking plans
- You celebrate your successes, but also admit your missteps and learn from feedback – we’re all human.
- You’re growth-minded and eager to expand your skill set.
- You’re excited about working across teams to build infrastructure and documentation
- You display adaptability, resiliency, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly!
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience architecting large-scale applications
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Especially strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) - we partner with every team in the company
Nice To Haves
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience scaling experimentation systems
- Experience developing and socializing libraries in large organizations
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or related field
- Android or iOS experience
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.