Software Engineer, Full Stack (Personalization) at Rally Health
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team:
Personalization is a new organization at Rally, with the mission to make use of the rich data that Rally has access to, and personalize rally products for its users.
This team is building a set of systems to personalize the experience of a user based on health, clinical, medication, condition and behavioral data. This includes building systems for profile based on facts and inferred information, user graph, relevance, recommendations, predictions and crafting an appealing user experience on rally products running on the browser, iPhone and Android devices.
The team will be adding tremendous value to the vast possibilities to make a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
Your day to day
- Working in a team setting to deliver features motivated by the mission
- Develop responsive web/native apps that look and work great across multiple devices
- Develop reliable and scalable backend server code
- Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring innovative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
Your core responsibilities:
- You will write high quality backend code using Scala
- You will write frontend code using Angular and/or React native for web and/or mobile.
- You will work with your team to create test plans and ensure quality.
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, complete the technical assessment, design, cost, code, test and deliver.
- Develop responsive apps that look and work phenomenal across multiple devices
Who you are:
- 2+ years of prior work experience in a similar role
- Experience writing server code with Scala or Java. Knowledge of functional programming or strong interest in learning Scala
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, HTML5, HTTP, CSS
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with Git
- Strong knowledge of computing concepts such as multithreaded programming, performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- Experience creating responsive user interfaces
- You should already know or be interested in learning our technical stack.
- Prior QA experience a plus.
- Involved in open source projects is a plus
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.