Software Engineer - Hardware Support at Ouster
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
This role will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining the tooling to support the full product life cycle of our lidar-based safety system. This includes working with our hardware design partners to develop software tools to verify design features and improve manufacturing and test automation. This role will also coordinate closely with our Field Support team to troubleshoot client systems and develop software to better diagnose systems in the field and remotely. This will also include close coordination with the Customer Success team as Engineering tools and system monitoring tasks are transitioned to the Customer Success team. This role will also develop analytics to process various forms of system performance data to enable the team to make informed feature priority and resource allocation decisions.
- Monitoring deployed systems daily and taking appropriate follow-on actions for any system abnormalities. The individual will also update appropriate support documentation required by the Customer Success team
- Provisioning system and verifying functionality prior to installation
- Conducting detailed system debugging and calibration in the field
- Developing and maintaining field technician tooling and keeping deployed systems up to date with latest sensor support tools
- Conducting initial failure analysis of the system using software tools
- Generating reports based on system performance data
- Importing hardware vendor provided per unit test data into internal manufacturing databases
- Supporting hardware vendor test tooling to improve hardware test coverage and efficiency
- Monitoring system data costs
Experience & Skills:
- Engineering degree at least B.S.
- Developed and maintained deployed computer systems for 3+ years
- Understands end product lifecycle
- Capable of operating independently given high-level business and product objectives
- Capable of traveling up 20% to visit customer installations
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.