From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is looking for a mid-level Software Engineer enthusiastic in joining a fast-growing company. You'll help build new features of our data pipeline service, help improve our software architecture, and maintain reliable operation of the service. We're looking for people who want to learn the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as a developer.
Fivetran is the epitome of data-driven-development — our engineering team is focused on building a world class product that:
- Facilitates Data Analytics — join our mission is to reliably deliver best-in-class schemas, and clean data, designed to be intuitively useful to analysts.
- Contributes to our Community — help develop tools like Data Lakes, SQL-based Transformations, and schema explorers to empower analysts to choose the best tools, and to make those tools more powerful.
- Is Absolutely Dependable — work to make Fivetran the most reliable and secure component of our customers’ data infrastructure.
We emphasize using no-nonsense tools, and take great pride in the simplicity and effectiveness of the systems we build. Our back-end is built on Java, Postgres, and Kubernetes, and our front-end is built on React and Typescript.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Create new data source connectors to be part of a product portfolio enjoyed by customers of all sizes- from startups to enterprises
- Help develop, maintain, and test code
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of existing connectors; call for improvement in all areas of Fivetran's codebase and infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Contribute to hiring by participating in the interview process
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- Are able to learn software and infrastructure design to satisfy project requirements
- Works well in a team
- Can troubleshoot problems with existing code and systems
- Java programming experience
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experience in designing and developing file, event, application, or database connectors
- Experienced working in a cloud environment and microservices architecture utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities