Software Engineer, iOS (Shopping and Rewards) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
Affirm is seeking a Software Engineer to join our iOS team in Poland. We are dedicated to building a delightful and performant user experience for our line of honest financial products. Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.What you'll do
- Work across the org to execute large, cross-functional initiatives. Work with engineers across the org on project definition, technical specification, task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Review others’ work and provide constructive feedback in order to maintain high and consistent quality standards across teams.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers to help them succeed and grow. Provide the right context to engineers and train them to take ownership of their respective pieces of the initiative.
- Effectively incorporate needs and opinions from stakeholders, advocate for ideas and initiatives, and create a common understanding where all voices are heard.
- Conduct technical and soft skill evaluations to inform and influence the hiring decisions. Develop and review the technical content and requirements of the interview process.
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation to communicate, escalate, and fix critical issues
- Demonstrated achievements with respect to the behaviors listed above.
- +18 months of experience as a software engineer.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Expertise in Objective-C or Swift.
- Knowledge of the iOS ecosystem
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 13,667 - 16,175 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food, lifestyle and family planning
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.