Software Engineer, iOS
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
We're looking for multiple product-focused iOS engineers who love building reliable, intuitive, and beautiful experiences on mobile. We aren't just developing an app; we're building a mobile ecosystem from the ground up that integrates the consumers, merchants, and drivers. This is a full-stack role where you'll not only build complex apps but will also make impactful decisions on the product.What You’ll Do
- Work within our product teams to build exciting features
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Implement unit tests
- Keep up-to-date with the industry standards of iOS development
- Be communicative and collaborative
- Love pair programming
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent, with 5 years of experience is preferred
- Expert at Swift, and iOS SDK
- Familiarity with networking, storage, and Cocoapods
- Systems and OOP knowledge
- Experience building, launching, and iterating on mobile apps
- Eager to work in fast-paced startup environment and a desire to disrupt logistics
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.