Software Engineer, New Grad 2022 at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a recent university grad, you’ll contribute meaningful work to our growing engineering team. Recent grads in the past have built a real-time high-throughput data processing pipeline that ties our infrastructure together, built out our proprietary financial platform that is central to our long term company mission, and worked to expand our extensive automated testing framework.
You’ll be building out new features on a team that fits your skill-set and interests. We look for students that have a passion to change the consumer finance industry for the better.Past New Grad Projects:
- Vijay works on developing and growing Affirm’s in-store product. Vijay’s first project was to design and implement text-to-apply support with store-specific SMS codes so that users can easily apply for an Affirm loan in brick-and-mortar stores, and merchants can granularly view application rates and data on a store-by-store basis.
- Madeline has built batch data pipelines to enable greater resiliency and accuracy in Affirm’s loan origination processes with our loan origination bank. She has implemented a system to report all loan applications created with Affirm and sourced data from various data warehouses across the company.
- Kevin has been responsible for a major overhaul of our cryptography platform, which is used to encrypt sensitive customer data such as social security numbers and credit reports, as well as to perform other cryptographic operations. Additionally, he has designed and implemented a public key infrastructure for mutually authenticated and encrypted communication between backend services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training/fellowship/work experience
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better!
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.