Software Engineer, Numerical Algorithms at Tonal
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:11 a.m. (PST) on Friday, May 22, 2020
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Write efficient, performant, and maintainable code in Java, Kotlin, and/or Go
- Implement adaptive real-time resistance modes to optimize users' strength training
- Improve real-time rep and set detection from time-series data
- Use accelerometers and gyroscopes to detect users' weightlifting form
- Implement algorithms in conjunction with embedded, front-end, and back-end teams
Who You Are
- Advanced degree in engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience with time-series analysis, filtering, and cleansing techniques
- Strong knowledge of Python and one of Java, C/C++, Kotlin, or Go
- Experience with databases, SQL or NoSQL
- Team player with high integrity
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve
- High degree of self awareness
- Experience with gyros and accelerometers
- Experience with computer vision or machine learning
Read Full Job Description