Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution: We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of autonomous drones, and all ground-based equipment that supports flight, to make deliveries of vital medical supplies to people in need within minutes, 7 days a week. Today, we fly the equivalent of twice around the equator every week, and by the end of 2021, once every hour.
In this role you will contribute to, build, and own portions of Zipline’s path planning technology. That includes contributing to an extensible path planning service used by Zipline operations around the world. Our ideal candidate works well in startup environments, is comfortable wearing many hats, and can motivate a small team to produce impressive results.What You'll Do
- Build a just-in-time flight route generation service to power Zipline flights around the world
- Write algorithms to solve multi-objective optimization problems to satisfy complex regulatory and safety requirements
- Empower our operations teams to deliver anywhere within the service radius of our distribution centers
- Own features and projects end-to-end
- 2+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Expertise in Python
- Experience writing path planning software, either in an academic context or industry
- Experience optimizing real services and debugging complex optimization problems using real data
- Understanding of automated testing practices and the ability to apply them to produce solid code that can be iterated on quickly
- Experience rapidly prototyping new product concepts, and excitement to work in an environment where you’ll be learning quickly from our operations teams
- A desire to rapidly move from prototype to highly reliable production services
- A Strong Generalist Engineering mindset, ready to dive in and contribute across many facets of Zipline’s software