We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer presence from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe leading the next generation of e-commerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments, and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
Bolt has 4 product engineering teams that are constantly working toward building new features. The application infrastructure team’s goal is to support these teams to be able to move fast and have the resources they need. The fun part of being on this team is having to touch every part of the stack right from CI / CD pipelines, database management, deploy processes all the way to building a distributed jobs framework for async tasks. Every engineer on this team gets to shape the engineering and technology at Bolt in a fundamental way. Some of the things the team is looking at right now is introducing a NoSQL database, re-writing our asset deploy pipeline making better use of CloudFront’s edge lambas.
Check out our Engineering Blog!
We want someone who is comfortable:
- Thinking creatively to solve complex problems.
- Constantly learning.
- Working at all levels, right from terraform and Kubernetes, all the way to front end code.
- Thinking 2, 3, and 4 steps ahead and planning for both the short and long term.
- Plan for and build the next generation infrastructure at Bolt.
- Build frameworks that allow other teams at Bolt to move faster.
- Help teams adopt Temporal to simplify building complex workflows.
- Design and build mission-critical systems, products, and solutions that companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on.
- Contribute across the stack and learn a wide variety of skills and technologies.
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering culture.
- Work with a passionate, smart, and ambitious team of engineers who built large scale systems at Facebook, Amazon, Airbnb, Google, Uber, Salesforce, and Twitter.
Technologies we use:
- Typescript / React
- Lunch is on us!
- Prime location in downtown San Francisco in Union Square
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement plans
- Commuter Benefits + Safe rides programs
- Gym and wellness subsidy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly team events
- Pet friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Paid parental leave
- Awesome teammates!
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Check out our Engineering Blog!
Read Full Job Description