Software Engineer at Funding Circle
Position at Funding Circle US
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than twenty-five different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
In Engineering our aim is to:
- Create applications that are scalable and reliable.
- Help achieve the company’s goals for profitable growth.
- Support small businesses that are the backbone of the US economy.
- Build and iterate on products and APIs to improve on activation, conversion, retention/expansion of our business.
As a Member of the team you get to:
- Build great user experiences for customers
- Work with colleagues who share your passion for software engineering
- Be part of a team who support each other as they develop solutions
- Be a respected voice in discussions on the best approach to solve the challenges of a fast growing business.
- Use a range of languages and frameworks to deliver a great customer experience
We are looking for these skills...
- Proven and demonstrable fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Experience with asynchronous/reactive programming
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture and experience in addressing the problems of this approach
- Enjoy discussing trade-offs in engineering solutions
- Lacks dogmatic attachment to specific approaches.
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD, or CI
- Knowledge of SQL. Able to write complex queries
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken