Software Engineer at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:18 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 24, 2020
Founded in 2010, Wish has quickly grown to become one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies. With 500 million users, 1 million merchants and over 200 million items in our marketplace, it’s no wonder that Wish is the #1 shopping app in 40+ countries on the Google Play store & #1 shopping app in 20+ countries on Apple App Store. Wish is also the most & best reviewed shopping app (#1 on Google Play & #2 on Apple App Store).
Our WishX team embodies the company’s approach to innovation. It functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to take calculated risks, think creatively, and embrace different perspectives. By constantly iterating and deploying, we have the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions.
We have the following exciting opportunity within the WishX team:
What you'll do
- Build and manage integrations between Wish and third parties to enable a diverse, global merchant and partner ecosystem on Wish
- Design and develop fail-safe automated idempotent workflows integrating between internal and external data/entities through authenticated external API's
- Frequently liaison with external and internal partner engineers teaching and learning to improve the existing workflows and to invent better implementations of business workflows
- Ability to pick up new coding languages when necessary
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly complex asynchronous backend processing jobs
- Experience working with both relational and document oriented datastores such as Postgresql, MySql, MariaDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable track record of collaborating between engineers and non-engineers
- Experience with eCommerce, inventory management, order fulfillment, and sales channel management
- Experience contributing to a scalable architecture/design of existing and new systems that are up 24/7 and easy to maintain and monitor
- Experience working with distributed workflow/orchestration frameworks/tools such as AWS Simple Workflow Service, AWS Step Functions, Celery, Airflow, Cadence, Twitter Storm, etc.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description