Software Engineer at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:34 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 7, 2020
We’re looking for the world's best engineers to build a premier commerce platform from the ground up. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys engineering complex systems, taking ownership over projects and building features at all levels of the stack.
The Marketplace & Logistics team is the entry point for the 1M+ merchants interacting and selling through our platform from all over the world. We deliver on many large scale initiatives which include integration, payment processing, logistics and fulfillment, and tracking to name a few. Whether it be delivering a platform to onboard new merchants in new geographies, improving our returns process, or scaling our logistics practice to process more than 3 million transactions per day, you will be able to impact the business on a global scale.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then the Marketplace Engineering at Wish is right for you!
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- Built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- You lay awake thinking about improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- You revel in building features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
What is our Technology Stack?
- Programming language: Python, Go
- Frontend technologies: React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
What You Will Do:
- Lead project requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
- Build complex software systems that integrate with multiple external systems
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- Perform API integration and maintenance with multiple external services
- Build highly-available distributed systems
- Mentor/guide junior software engineers
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description