Software Engineer at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:08 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Udemy Engineering is responsible for building the core technologies, features, and capabilities that enable learners and instructors around the world. We enable students to acquire new knowledge and we build tools to attract top instructors to teach on Udemy. We are looking for top computer science/engineering students who are passionate about the latest techniques and technologies for developing highly scalable, consumer-grade web experiences. If you are a self-starter and someone who is excited to join us and learn how we build our platforms and features, we are interested in talking to you!
Please include in your application
- A list of the computer science/engineering related course work you will have completed before the start-date.
- And either a brief description of the course work or project you are most proud of and why as well as a link to or zip of the source code OR a link to your answer to https://github.com/udemy/coding-challenge.
We're excited about you because you:
- Undergraduate education in computer science, mathematics or other related analytical (i.e. STEM) disciplines.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming principles
- Experience with modern programming languages
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge of web applications development, including coursework in at least 2 of the following areas: Algorithms and Data structures
- Computer networking
- Operating systems
- Computer systems architecture
- Database systems
- Unix/MacOSX operating system
- Unit testing
- Source control tools such as Git and Github
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description