Software QA Engineer - Load and Performance at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a SDET (Load & Performance) at Wish, you will ensure the health and stability of a platform supporting 100 million shoppers, hundreds of thousands of stores, and millions of orders. You will be responsible for building automated services to ensure the health and quality of our e-commerce platform.
You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. This role offers a very rare opportunity to work on both the e-commerce marketplace platform and the consumer side platforms.
For this role, you should be smart, hands-on, and have a solid foundation in math, computer science, or software engineering. You should have strong competencies in software development, automation testing and performance testing. We are looking for someone passionate and driven to automate and improve customer satisfaction with their engineering chops.
If you are smart, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then engineering at Wish is right for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Designing, implementing and conducting large scale load and performance testing,
- Monitor and analyze load and performance testing results
- Generate and publish test results and periodic performance reports.
- Identify bottlenecks and performance improvements opportunities.
- Track and manage performance issues to resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, providing testing insights and coming up with innovative solutions to improve and ensure the performance of our product and debugging performance problems.
- Contribute to the automation framework by implementing optimized and re-usable test automation.
- Collaborate with team members to share knowledge and ideas to grow automation practice.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience of relevant work experience conducting different types of performance testings and identifying bottlenecks for performance tuning.
- Strong Experience in all phases of performance test life cycle.
- Experiences in defining and implementing performance testing solutions leverage load, automation and monitoring tools, like JMeter, LoadRunner, LoadUI, etc.
- Working experiences with Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, APIs and CI/CD.
- Good understanding of different testing methodologies, concepts, best practices, and software engineering.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.