Solutions Design Engineer at Vicarious
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:36 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, March 18, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Vicarious develops industry-leading modular, adaptable robotic systems for assembly, kitting, palletizing, and more. The mission of this role is to help develop and deliver client solution designs starting in the pre-sales concept phrase, all the way to the detailed engineering execution and delivery stage.
You will work closely with the Hardware team to understand our product catalog and capabilities, as well as partnering with the Sales team to get a detailed understanding of client requirements. As an early member of the Robotic Solutions Design Team, you will carry out processes and help improve practices to be followed for each client as we scale up over the next few years. Key processes include line simulations, floor plans and layouts, client system BOMs, system risk assessments, documentation and client transfer.
You will be at the forefront of fitting Vicarious products into useful configurations for our clients, and as such you will play a key role in identifying issues and helping us tailor our product offerings to user needs.
What you'll do
- Work closely with various teams (product, hardware, sales, etc) to develop simulations for proposed client solutions
- Verify and improve the feasibility of solution designs through cycle time analysis and reach studies
- Be a simulation expert for the internal team and an engineering contact for client system designs and customer site visits
- Create custom layouts and BOMs for client systems, both in pre-sales concept phase and post-contract development phase
- Investigate new methods and technologies, improve existing simulation processes, and identify bottlenecks to the solution design phase
- Be an active member of a startup environment, with an all-hands-on-deck attitude as we grow the HW and Operations teams
Who you are
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field
- Have 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experienced programming in Python
- Experienced with CAD design tools such as Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, or Solidworks
- Experienced with robotic simulation software such as Visual Components is a plus
- Knowledgeable of and/or experience with general robotics and automated systems
- Able to work both independently and in a fast growing team environment
- Eager to learn and adapt quickly, excellent communication and organizational skills
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description