Our dedicated team and awesome technology are disrupting the customer support space. Our SaaS platform replaces all of the convoluted systems, lines, and contact numbers of standard customer support with a stunningly simple SDK and Smart Actions – fingerprint, verification, real-time sharing (videos, photos, and screenshots) and effortless in-app texting - plus all data is encrypted, keeping customer data secure. We take the frustration out of customer support and in turn, provide a sleek, secure, and modern smartphone-era experience. Join our team as we revolutionize the customer experience!Opportunity
UJET is searching for an experienced Sr. Backend Engineer to join our growing San Francisco team! The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who has shipped several products at a large scale and is meticulous with code style and quality, with the ability to own features and end-to-end architecture.Responsibilities
- Establish yourself as a technical leader, subject matter expert, and become the go-to person for initiatives on the backend team
- Be a collaborative team player who can lead and deliver backend services with high availability, low latency, and auto scalability
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which translate into technical design documents
- Architect, design, develop, deploy, and operate services that serve start-ups to enterprise clients
- Be a leader of the UJET backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Mentor junior engineers
- Drive strong engineering practices within your team and define and teach these practices within the UJET developer community
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (give internal talks, contribute to internal blogs, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years’ experience in software development, with at least 5 years of backend development experience
- Hands on experience with third-party API integrations. Knowledge of CRM integration such as Salesforce and Zendesk is a plus.
- Working experience with MySQL or similar database technologies.
- Working experience with Redis or similar caching architecture.
- Efficiency in software best practice and tools like Git, Docker, CI, 12factor, etc
- Previous experience in designing and scaling microservice architecture
- Some knowledge of Ruby, Java, Go, or Python a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally, in a fast-paced start-up environment
Security, data protection and compliance (SDPC) are paramount to the success of our partnerships. All roles at UJET require compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and acceptance and adherence to all policies and standards within UJET. Personnel acknowledges they are personally responsible for reporting any suspected violations or abuse and are required to complete SDPC training and fulfill role-specific SDPC responsibilities.Why UJET?
In addition to our great team and disruptive technology, we offer our teammates a competitive compensation and benefits package, work/life balance, unlimited vacation, stock options, catered lunches Monday through Thursday, monthly game nights, and more!
UJET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. (Thanks CultureAmp who came up with this statement - it’s too good and too important to not repeat).