MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Frontend Engineer on the Design System + Accessibility team, you will support the mission to make digital collaboration an experience that is inclusive and accessible to all users. You will be joining a team dedicated to quality and innovation to create an inclusive experience for MURAL’s users.
Working across the entire MURAL product, you will work to solve problems that are specific to accessibility. Which will include, but are not limited to: updating existing components to be WCAG compliant and accessible. Develop new features and functionality specific to delivering accessible visual collaboration at scale. Support the integration of accessible Design System components. And most importantly, be an integral part of the culture shift of making MURAL a truly accessible organization.YOUR PROFILE
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- +5 years of experience in software engineering with a love for accessibility, code, and UI
- Deep understanding of HTML semantics
- Experience with modern web development frameworks and tools (React, Express, Babel, Webpack)
- Experience with testing technologies: unit, integration, & e2e tests (Cucumber, Testing Library, and Cypress are a plus!)
- Understanding of WCAG and the principles required to meet success criteria
- Experience implementing features that follow accessibility best practices and standards
- Experience with using common assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover, TalkBack, ZoomText, Dragon)
- Familiarity with accessibility testing tools
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Participate in maintaining documentation for frontend development and accessibility-related features and functionality
- Strong technical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability and motivation to learn!!
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Design System development
- Experience with Web Components
- Experience conducting accessibility audits
- Experience with Nodejs
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.