Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Our WishX team embodies the company’s approach to innovation. It functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to take calculated risks, think creatively, and embrace different perspectives. By constantly iterating and deploying, we have the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions.
We have the following exciting opportunity within the WishX team:
Sr. GoLang Developer
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement microservices in GoLang that meet business requirements
- Design and implement unit testable code that are highly maintainable
- Design and implement data models/schemas in the data access layer
- Collaborate with both internal and external UI/backend engineers to shape and define API contracts
- Communicate and suggest new ideas and designs in both written and verbal formats
- Significant experience developing microservices in GoLang
- Experience building MVP's with future improvements in mind not being afraid to move forward with existing deficiencies to be later improved
- Experience contributing to a scalable architecture/design of existing and new systems that are up 24/7 and easy to maintain and monitor
- Experience designing API's with Test Driven Development, TDD or understand the importance of TDD
- Experience working with both relational and documented oriented datastores such as Postgresql, MySql, MariaDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, etc
- Expert in OOP and building modular unit testable code
- Ability to understand highly complex legacy systems and to come up with improved designs
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly complex asynchronous backend processing jobs
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Great track record of working well with others
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.