MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
- Help improve our core components so our development teams can safely develop amazing features on top of them.
- Monitor our solutions in order to identify, study, and improve performance bottlenecks by looking at data, running experiments and recommending possible actions.
- Work closely with product management, analysts, team architects, engineering leads, and business stakeholders to identify technical debts, development pain points and possible security or performance menaces.
- Guide and mentor other engineers by transferring knowledge, reviewing their code and enforcing MURAL's best practices.
- Be accountable for and take ownership of MURAL's technology: there is no "legacy" code, all of our code base is now yours.
- Thrive autonomy and responsibility, making informed decisions and tradeoffs and ensuring a great information flow.
- Develop a culture of shipping maintainable and scalable solutions.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant and demonstrable practical experience (5+ years)
- Love for solving hard software engineering problems with a track record of success, having designed systems with an impact on tech problems at scale
- An itch for code that can be improved (executed faster, using less resources) and the urge to fix it.
- The ability to lead by example and helping other MURAL teams do their best work, either by mentoring or providing code reviews and feedback
- Getting involved and dive deeply into highly complex tasks involving the technology and business domains that use Mural today and could use Mural tomorrow.
- Experience with cloud platforms, engineering, live collaboration, rendering, DevOps pipelines and tooling
- Understanding of security principles, networking, communication protocols and modern architecture best-practises for highly available systems.
- You have an evidence of good English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
Ideally you have…
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, Babel, Webpack, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.