Staff Software Engineer, Backend (Foundations) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Merchant Interfaces group at Affirm builds the APIs and webhooks that power all of Affirm’s integrations with merchants and partners, as well as the Self-Service Onboarding product and Affirm Merchant Portal. The goal of the Foundations sub-team within that group is to build the libraries and middleware that makes these APIs and webhooks secure, robust, and extensible.
We are looking for a highly motivated staff software engineer to join us and help fulfill our vision. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of the merchant network.
What you'll do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, multi-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others.
- Form relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participate in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What we look for
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Experienced at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce and maintain high quality system designs and software.
- Technical leadership - a humble team-player who invests in mentorship and participates in the development of peers on the team.
- Background in security a plus