Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Growth Engineering team at Affirm is looking for a Staff Engineer who can help us define and execute a variety of growth infrastructure and experimentation projects.
Our team is responsible for driving user growth by improving our product, user experiences, and Affirm’s underlying technologies. We do this through a broad variety of projects in close collaboration with Affirm’s product, marketing, and other engineering teams.
This role may be a strong fit for someone who has broad interests, cares about solving business problems and adding value to customers, and is experiment- and data-driven.What You’ll Do
- Closely collaborate with product, marketing, and engineering teams to identify and plan projects with dependencies across multiple teams
- Drive detailed project definition, system design, cross-functional alignment, and estimation, in addition to task break-downs, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, write high-quality code and documentation that can be easily understood and leveraged by others
- Manage written and verbal communications with execs, architectural review board and non technical stakeholders
- 8+ years of software engineering experience shipping production-quality code for systems at scale
- Interest in cloud technologies, data and internet business models
- A broad technical and agile project management skillset
- An ability to understand complex business problems and to design high-quality technical solutions that work for the business
- Strong collaboration and communication abilities in remote work setting
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team to scale their impact
- Preferred, but not required: Experience with growth engineering, or AB testing
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.