Staff Software Engineer Data Platforms at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release every day to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. We’re looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets.
You'll develop software to process, transform and analyze the data to identify signals from billions of events we collect every day. You'll provide insights that improve the experience of hundreds of millions of users worldwide. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and Develop data collection and processing systems to handle large data sets. You’ll have the opportunity to design innovative solutions and solve challenging problems.
- Build and integrate scalable backend systems, services, and tools.
- Design, Develop and Support highly-parallel, and fault-tolerant applications.
- Tunes performance of complex in-house data warehouse, ETL processes and queries
- 7+ years of building, architecting, and operating distributed systems at enterprise scale
- Solid understanding and experience with Data Lake
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of building big data platforms with Hive, Presto, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- Solid understanding and experience with one or more big data open source technologies (Hadoop, Yarn, Spark, Hive, Presto, Kafka, Parquet, e.t.c)
- Hands-on experience working on Amazon Web Services, or other cloud computing platforms.
- Hands-on experience with Kakfa or other messaging systems.
- Hands-on experience with Flink, Spark or other stream processing frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Yarn or other job schedulers.
- Proficient in building a framework to automate and scale workflows.
- Hands-on experience with setting up AWS Services by Terraform
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, e.t.c)
- Experience working with various cross-functional teams (Infrastructure/Security).
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.