Staff Software Engineer, iOS at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our iOS team. We are dedicated to building a delightful and performant user experience for our line of honest financial products. Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.
What you'll do
- Work across the org to plan and execute large, cross-functional initiatives. Work with engineers across the org on project definition, technical specification, task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Generate simple and elegant designs that are easily deployed and debugged, but anticipate the unhappy path. Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Review others’ work and provide constructive feedback in order to maintain high and consistent quality standards across teams.
- Lead and mentor engineers to help them succeed and grow. Provide the right context to engineers and train them to take ownership of their respective pieces of the initiative.
- Effectively incorporate needs and opinions from stakeholders, advocate for ideas and initiatives, and create a common understanding where all voices are heard.
- Conduct technical and soft skill evaluations to inform and influence the hiring decisions. Develop and review the technical content and requirements of the interview process.
What we look for
- Demonstrated achievements with respect to the behaviors listed above.
- Strong intuition around software architecture.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Expertise in Objective-C or Swift.
- Knowledge of the iOS ecosystem
- Open to Staff and Senior level candidates
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.