Staff Software Engineer, Marketplace, Engineering Excellence at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Marketplace & Logistics organization is the entry point for millions of merchants from all over the world who interact and sell through Wish. We build large scale software from merchant acquisition, product cataloging, advertising solutions to payment processing. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about building critical, large-scale, well designed software in a fast-paced environment. To be successful in this role, you have a strong background in software engineering, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to engage teams, win their "buy in" and drive them forward. You will play a leading role in guiding teams to build scalable solutions for complex business problems while striving for best practices and engineering excellence. You will also develop frameworks and processes to help engineering teams reach the next level of excellence.
What you'll be doing:
- Mentor and train software engineers on software architecture, design and engineering best practices
- Develop framework and processes used by engineering teams to improve productivity and ensure high engineering quality
- Work across business functions to identify technical solution for critical business needs
- Architect and lead multiple engineering teams to deliver complex software solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of overall experience, 3+ years of experience in similar role
- Experience in architecting, designing and building large scale distributed systems both from scratch and through complex migrations
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented systems using large scale databases
- Ability to balance architectural theory with practical solutions
- Strong ability to influence technical stakeholders and to execute projects requiring collaboration across multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical topics
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive. Strong ownership and drive.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.