Staff Software Engineer, Marketplace at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and-most importantly-affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you've been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
The Marketplace & Logistics team is the entry point for millions of merchants from all over the world who interact and sell through our platform. We deliver on many large scale initiatives which include integration, payment processing, logistics and fulfillment, and tracking to name a few. Whether it be delivering a platform to onboard new merchants in new geographies, improving our returns process, or scaling our logistics practice to process more than 3 million transactions per day, you will be able to impact the business on a global scale.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then the Marketplace Engineering at Wish is right for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead highly scalable and available distributed system development projects
- Build complex software systems that integrate with both internal and external systems
- Develop large-scale data processing pipelines or analytic programs
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- Perform API integration and maintenance with multiple external services
- Being a tech lead and actively mentor other team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of overall experience, 3+ years of experience in similar role
- Hands on design, development and operations experience with large scale distributed web application development
- Experience in architecting, designing and building large scale distributed systems both from scratch and through complex migrations.
- Strong ability to influence technical stakeholders and to execute projects requiring collaboration across multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical topics
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive. Strong ownership and drive.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science
- Programming language: Python, Go
- Frontend technologies: React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.