Staff Software Engineer, Platform Services at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The infrastructure team at Wish is responsible for building services and tools that form the backbone of Wish’s shopping service. These services are architected to help on-board new features easily and engineered to run at scale with high reliability. We currently are in the process of transforming our infrastructure and services to a service-oriented architecture (SOA).
The Platform Services team serves as the glue between application and lower-level infrastructure at Wish. As a Staff Software Engineer on the team, you will lead and participate in architecting and building shared services for applications to consume. The platforms built in the team need to handle many teams’ needs with strong scalability, reliability and performance requirements. You are expected to achieve this goal by working closely with both application engineers as well as other infrastructure engineers.
What you'll be doing:
- Frame and define the technical requirements of the platform from application layer engineering teams and clearly outline these requirements
- Scope and prioritize projects and work items to be completed in certain timeframes
- Design the scalable, reliable, and performant services that meet the requirements, considering the growth needs for scalability and performance in the future when designing the systems
- Leverage existing infrastructure support or introduce new technologies that can best solve the problems you encounter
- Work with all different application layer engineers to onboard them into the platform services
- Support the regular maintenance of the services with bug investigations and fixes
- Deliver quality services on time
- B.S. in Computer Science, other related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years industry experience in software engineering
- Development experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Golang, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience with version control systems (git, svn, etc)
- Deep understanding of distributed systems at enterprise scale
- Experience leading teams in building and maintaining a high throughput, low latency service
- Exposure implementing SOA in an industry leading company
- Experience working with Golang
- Experience with Kubernetes
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.