Staff Software Engineer, Product Accelerator at Affirm
Accelerate Affirm's ecosystem of honest financial products!
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer for our ZeroToSixty (ZTS) team, Affirm's new product accelerator organization. ZTS is a small team of technical leads and product managers working directly with the SVP of Product, President of Technology, and CEO to identify potentially new honest financial products with potential to supercharge the Affirm ecosystem, quickly bring these products to production, and scale successful launches.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It's going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Contributing to new product launches from specification to implementation, testing, deployment to production, and feature iteration, with multiple contracted engineers
- Researching and evaluating build vs buy vs partner options for development tooling and product building blocks
- Collaborating with other leads within ZeroToSixty and Affirm Engineering team to execute on a roadmap of open source tools that reduce the time from a new idea to learnings in market
- Working closely with product, design, analytics, and the executive team to execute on objectives and evaluate success of new products
- Help scale successful MVPs in collaboration with the core Engineering team
What We Look For
- 8+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Prior experience contributing to projects with development agencies.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to technically mentor engineers and communicate technical ideas.
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining financial products, especially high-traffic payment processors is not required but is a definite plus
- Domain expertise in card processing or interfacing with core bank processors such as FIS or TSYS is not required , but is a definite plus
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.