Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems in the context of Credit Karma’s architecture.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of core systems.
- Diagnose and tackle complex distributed problems and develop solutions that have a significant impact at our massive scale.
- Work multi-functionally with various engineering teams.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years in the industry as a technical contributor.
- Strong algorithms and data structures background.
- Expertise in Scala, Java, Clojure, and/or any functional language. We code primarily in Scala and PHP, so you’ll be excited to either ramp up on those languages or continue building awesome things with them.
- Experience with software engineering patterns and standard methodologies (e.g. proven, hexagonal architecture, domain driven design, test driven development, design documentation, code reviews).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing.
- Development experience on the JVM, including asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and the Java memory model.
- A history of open-source contribution and a passion for development of elegant, well-designed frameworks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.