Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Platform Firmware Developer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Platform Firmware Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of a management controller complex for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define the platform and to implement embedded firmware. In the IO and Fabrics role, you will be responsible for designing and developing firmware for the initialization and runtime management of numerous internal and external connectivity interfaces. You will be working closely both with the hardware power management and firmware development teams. You will have an opportunity to engage with third parties on enablement of new platforms, as well as providing input to our SoC and platform architects on future designs. You will also have an opportunity to participate in certain open source communities working on embedded OSes such as Zephyr, FreeRTOS, etc.
- BS/BEng in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in embedded firmware development
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Experience with SoC controller and PHY initialization
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Experience with PCI Express and DDR memory initialization
- Experience with SoC interconnect technologies including initialization of ring or mesh interconnect topologies
- Familiarity with SoC power, performance and thermal management techniques including DVFS
- Understanding of server-class RAS features and event management
- Familiarity with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr, eCos, uC/OS or FreeRTOS
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of future server-class SoCs and platforms
- Drive the firmware design, implementation and verification of one or more platform management subsystems across the project timeline
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on platform bring-up/debug/diags, firmware lifecycle, etc.
Read Full Job Description