Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a Platform Firmware Developer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Platform Firmware Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of a management controller complex for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define the platform and to implement embedded firmware, including various aspects of platform and power management, boot, RAS, security and runtime services provided to application processors. In the RTOS role you will be responsible for porting, feature enablement and engaging closely with the RTOS open source communities for integrating changes to and from upstream projects. You will be working closely both with the hardware power management and firmware development teams. You will have an opportunity to engage with third parties on enablement of new platforms, as well as providing input to our SoC and platform architects on future designs.
- BS/BEng in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in embedded firmware development
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings technical leadership
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Demonstrated experience with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr, eCos, uC/OS or FreeRTOS
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Understanding of server-class RAS features and event management
- Experience defining interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of future server-class SoCs and platforms
- Actively engage with open source communities to contribute support for processor architectures, device drivers, and firmware features
- Drive the firmware design, implementation and verification of one or more platform management subsystems across the project timeline
- Assist in identifying skills requirements and in hiring engineers, collaborating with other teams on platform bring-up/debug/diags, firmware lifecycle, etc.
Read Full Job Description