Join the most cutting-edge and well-funded hardware startup in Silicon Valley as a DevOps Engineer. Our mission is to reimagine silicon and create computing platforms that will transform the industry. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the world to create designs that push the envelope on performance, energy efficiency and scalability. We offer a fun, creative and flexible work environment, with a shared vision to build products to change the world.
As a Devops CI/CD Engineer, you are responsible for working with a team to design, build and deploy testable software packages that consist of server platform support software, firmware and the target data center applications. You will collaborate with internal and external software/firmware developers and platform engineering teams. In this role, there will also be an opportunity to engage with our customers and third parties on the drive for a customer centric quality product release.
- Degree or diploma in CE/EE, Software, Systems (or any related engineering discipline) with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of distributed build systems, particularly in creation of production-ready board support packages that include firmware, tools, software and operating systems
- Strong understanding and experience in data center environments and related test automation techniques
- Familiarity with repository management such as git, gerrit, svn etc
- Familiarity with CI tools Jenkins, Bamboo etc
- Familiarity with Package repository tools such as Nexus, Artifactory etc
- Familiarity with container build and management tools such as Docker, Kubernetes etc
- 5 years+ of demonstrated software build system development experience
- Expertise in CI/CD implementation, preferably using Gitlab CI Pipelines/Github Actions/Azure CI pipelines
- Experience working in GNU/Linux, building firmware using GCC/LLVM toolchains
- Strong programming/automation experience in scripting languages (Bash, Python etc)
- Experience integrating code linting, static analyzers, dynamic analyzers, vulnerability scanners etc in to CI pipelines
- Experience automating and Improving infrastructure management/orchestration using Open source tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Knowledge of continuous delivery and software lifecycle management tools (JIRA, Git, Gerrit, Artifactory, Jenkins, etc.)
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain software tools and automated build environments for the purpose of creating system level software packages suitable for deployment and testing
- Collaborate with firmware and software teams to ensure software deliverables are suitable, revision controlled and of measured quality to ensure internal teams can execute testing
- Assist in the creation of a Quality Engineering/Release engineering process with emphasis on continuous integration and continuous development
- Design, Implement and Automate the Application build, release, deployment and configuration
- Focus on ensuring that existing CI environments and services run well, while identifying strong opportunity for enhancements
Read Full Job Description