Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place to Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Software Architect, Media Backend provides a cloud-based real-time audio & video processing service for different RingCentral products, such as the Cloud Phone System, and the RingCentral Video product. This position will be based out of our headquarters in Belmont, CA, leading the architecture of our Media Platform. The person filling this role will work closely with engineering teams in the US, Ukraine, Russia and China.
The Software Architect, Media Backend will be involved in the evolution of the software architecture to continually improve media quality, as well as the scalability and resilience of the Media Platform. S/he should have a demonstrable track record in the architecture & design of software systems and components for media processing, including WebRTC and SIP based media processing and media conversion functions.
The person filling this role will be responsible for improving the media platform architecture, while designing and adding new protocols and components. Desired attributes include a passion for quality and system performance, experience with low-level system software development, plus strong experience in real-time communication. We are looking for someone who is hands on with software development (coding) as well as architecture at a systems level.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the teams that are responsible for the audio / video processing backend
- Contribute to system design and development, with a focus on quality and system reliability
- Provide detailed documentation that guides engineering teams towards robust software systems
- Develop the architecture of new components, improve the architecture of existing components and communication between them
- Provide guidelines for the developers and QA engineers related to current & upcoming solutions
- Perform code review for critical system components
- Discover bottlenecks in current architecture and propose solutions
- Champion the continuous investigation of new technologies, and promote a culture of innovation
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 4+ years as a software architect
- Well versed in software design, planning and best practices to lead development projects
- Knowledge of classical algorithms and data structures
- Experience with distributed systems and real-time applications
- Experience with resilient and highly available systems
- Experience with system programming using C/C++
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Backend audio processing
- Backend video processing, preferably with WebRTC
- Optimizing the code and network stack to deal with packet loss, latency & jitter
- Experience with designing RESTful microservices
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for creating best in class products
- Experience with SIP protocol
- Experience with with system programming using Erlang / OTP, Typescript / Node.js
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.