Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
In the Systems Engineer, Atlassian Applications role you will serve as the primary technical resource for Coinbase's Atlassian deployments. You will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and extending these business critical applications ensuring security, reliability, and performance. You will help scale these applications to support the company’s future growth.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Technical administration and operation of the Atlassian product suite including Confluence, Jira, and Jira Service Management
- Maintain, extend, and enhance source code for infrastructure and application deployments
- Plan and implement application upgrades
- Evaluate and implement new plug-ins
- Design, develop, and implement integrations with third party applications and custom code
- Maintain user management configuration for SSO and user sync
- Develop automation to promote self-service, increase efficiency and productivity, and simplify maintenance and administration
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues and bugs
- Identify and apply best practices to effectively scale the applications
- Maintain runbooks
- Look for opportunities to extend the collaboration ecosystem
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Solid understanding of application architecture
- Working knowledge of Atlassian architecture, api, database tables, application logs, email handlers, application links
- Experience administering Atlasssian applications running in AWS
- Familiarity with user management best practices and integration with identity management applications
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of user, application, and system-level issues
- Knowledge of agile development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment practices
- Desire to expand skills and knowledge related to application infrastructure
- Ability to maintain a steadfast focus on security, reliability, and performance of the applications
- Detail oriented coupled with strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and functional users
- Ability to work effectively in a remote-first work environment
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.