Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies, and customers together.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
About this role:
The RingCentral Video Engineering (RCV) team is at the forefront of the company’s next-generation product advancements. This position will be based out of our headquarters in Belmont, CA, leading a local team of engineers, while also working closely with engineering teams in Ukraine, Russia and China.
The person in this highly strategic role will spearhead critical engineering initiatives focused on increasing RingCentral’s leadership footprint in the UCaaS domain. S/he should have a demonstrable track record of managing engineering teams across multiple geographies, delivering products that were business critical and industry defining, and highly successful cross-functional collaboration on product architecture, feature definition, and implementation.
This person filling this role will be responsible for improving the media
processing layer in the RingCentral Video client apps on various platforms. This layer will handle the capture, processing and transmission of audio and video from the end-user’s client endpoint in an efficient manner with high quality. This does not include the application and UI layer, which sits above the media processing layer.
Key success factors include a passion for quality and system performance, experience with low-level system software development, plus some experience in real-time communication. We are looking for someone who is hands on with software development (coding) as well as some team management.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the team that is responsible for the audio / video processing layer in RingCentral’s Video client apps on various platforms
- Contribute to system design and development, with a focus on quality and performance
- Provide lower level modules for audio and video capture, processing and transmission, along with higher level API to enable application and UI development for end-user applications
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of strategic projects
- Champion the continuous investigation of new technologies, and promote a culture of innovation
- Team building and hiring management
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 4+ years managing engineering teams
- Well versed in software design, planning and best practices to manage development projects
- Knowledge of classical algorithms and data structures
- Experience with distributed systems and real time applications
- Experience with system programming using C/C++
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Audio capture and processing, such as acoustic echo cancellation, noise reduction
- Video capture and processing to share live video from webcams and screen content
- Optimizing the application and network stack to deal with packet loss, latency & jitter
- Optimizing system performance on Windows, or Mac OSX
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for creating best in class products
- Experience with WebRTC, RTP, signaling protocols (SIP, XMPP), HTTP, REST
- Experience with:
- Messaging middleware
- Other programming languages such as Swift, React JS, Python
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center, and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.