Technical Lead – Web Applications at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Technical Lead, Web Applications is a key member of the applications engineering team to deliver large enterprise features. You will live at the intersection of Product, UX, and Technology. As an ideal candidate, you’ve done developing modern web applications using leading edge technologies. You’ve worked in a modern, microservice based architecture with a focus on product delivery and extraordinary user experience. You should have current knowledge and experience with web application security, privacy and safety. The engineering organization is highly distributed so you will need strong communication and collaboration skills to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- You will be working with remote engineering teams on all aspects of feature delivery including development/maintenance, testing, and release
- You will manage multiple technical projects across multiple remote locations
- You will coordinate/hold technical design discussion across multiple service, application, integration and endpoint teams
- You will use your technical expertise not only in web development but to assist Support on production troubleshooting when needed
- You will orchestrate the deployment of features and their dependencies utilizing our release planning and deployment tools
- As a technical lead, you will create, collaborate, and support engineering best practices - design, coding, testing and release
- You will participate and cooperate with security, performance and DevOps directives
- You will have opportunities to start the POC from scratch for upcoming new components and work with remote teams to create the final products
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering and System Design
- 2+ years leading engineering projects from the technical side in high-growth engineering organizations
- Experience designing and developing large multi-tenant, cloud-based enterprise web applications
- Familiarity with AWS stack (such as EC2, S3, Lamba, microservices, etc) is a plus
- Knowledgeable in server-side and client-side debugging tools & techniques
- Experience working with large remote teams
- Experience with Scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.