Test Automation Engineer at Quizlet
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:05 a.m. (PST) on Friday, February 7, 2020
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to help engineers design and build the infrastructure required to deliver high-quality web applications to our users. As our engineering scales up quickly, the automation infrastructure will be key to our ability to quickly ship app releases. This is an opportunity to take your experience with tools and infrastructure and establish a foundation to be used for years to come. You will help others understand, improve and maintain this system to efficiently deliver our applications to millions of students around the world.
- Comprehensive experience with one of the following testing frameworks: Selenium, Cypress,
- Understand and improve our existing Cypress automated testing framework or investigate the new framework
- Define and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Develop and maintain test scripts for key product flows
- Collaborate with the product engineering teams to solve complex technical challenges around engineering productivity and velocity
- Experience with cross-browser testing.
- Experience with injecting functional UI test in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years strong experience as a Developer, QE Engineer, SDET or similar QE role
- Strong experience with web automation frameworks
- Experience with Git, continuous integration, and deployment tools
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Read Full Job Description