TIP: Senior iOS Developer at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
Engineering at Upwork is comprised of global team members hailing from over 40 countries. We take on big problems to help businesses get more done by connecting to freelancers on Upwork. Our software engineers have the creative freedom to explore best solutions to our unique engineering challenges.
We are looking for an exceptional iOS Engineer to join us on our mission. We are a small, yet highly effective engineering team made up of team members who truly care about each other. We build awesome apps, solve complex mobile problems, and keep a good work-life balance. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team of talented engineers, come join us and help define the future of work!
- Architect and develop advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Must have requirements:
- Solid understanding of the software development process and lifecycle
- Working experience in iOS development
- Have published one or more iOS apps, based on a client-server architecture, in the app store
- Proficiency with Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs using CocoaPods
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Solid understanding of web development fundamentals and experience building web applications using a modern web framework such as Vue, React or Angular.
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Good to have, but not required, working knowledge of server side frameworks
Nice to have items:
- Deep understanding of Webkit
- Implementation of In App Purchases from scratch
- Speaker at an external conference
- Experience using GraphQL
- Experience working with Flutter
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.